If you are volunteering to fulfill court ordered community service requirements, please DO NOT fill out an application. Please call the office directly to get scheduled – 402-339-5355
Who can volunteer at the shelter?
We welcome volunteers of all ages! Volunteers assume rewarding roles such as office worker, project work, offsite helper for events and dog counselor.
- Volunteers under 18, for safety, are restricted in the activities they may participate in.
- Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by a participating adult.
We are currently in need of volunteers who can commit to volunteering on-site. If you have a specific skill set that may allow for off-site volunteering please email us at tchsPapillion@gmail.com
What kind of tasks do volunteers provide?
- Feed and water animals
- Cat and Dog waste removal
- General cleaning, sweeping, mopping, etc
- Kennel cleaning and maintenance
- Kennel laundry and dishes
- Organize and store donations
- Gardening and property maintenance
- Office volunteer (answer phones, customer service, database entry)
- Finance and donor relations (database entry, thank you correspondence)
- Fund Raising (attend & support events, approach businesses for support)
- Off-site event helper (set up, break down, answer visitor questions)
- Cat kennel attendant
- Dog kennel attendant
- Dog or Cat Adoption Counselor (match potential adopters with the perfect companion)
- Dog handling, walking and training
There is always work to be done at the shelter and we rely solely on volunteers!
Restrictions for our Volunteers
Town and Country Humane Society is a private, non-profit, all-volunteer organization. We accept a limited number of new volunteers due to a decrease in our training staff. If an organization has sent you to earn volunteer or community service hours we can accommodate by offering credit for chore based tasks.
Please fill out the appropriate applications and return them to our office.