Who can volunteer at the shelter?
We welcome volunteers of all ages! Volunteers assume rewarding roles such as office worker, project work, offsite helper for events and dog counselor.
- Volunteers under 18, for safety, are restricted in the activities they may participate in.
- Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by a participating adult.
We are currently in need of volunteers who can commit to volunteering on-site. If you have a specific skill set that may allow for off-site volunteering please email us at tchsPapillion@gmail.com
What kind of tasks do volunteers provide?
- Feed and water animals
- Cat and Dog waste removal
- General cleaning, sweeping, mopping, etc
- Kennel cleaning and maintenance
- Kennel laundry and dishes
- Organize and store donations
- Gardening and property maintenance
- Office volunteer (answer phones, customer service, database entry)
- Finance and donor relations (database entry, thank you correspondence)
- Fund Raising (attend & support events, approach businesses for support)
- Off-site event helper (set up, break down, answer visitor questions)
- Cat kennel attendant
- Dog kennel attendant
- Dog or Cat Adoption Counselor (match potential adopters with the perfect companion)
- Dog handling, walking and training
Restrictions for our Volunteers
Town and Country Humane Society is a private, non-profit, all-volunteer organization. We accept a limited number of new volunteers due to a decrease in our training staff. If an organization has sent you to earn volunteer or community service hours we can accommodate by offering credit for chore based tasks.