Anyone 12 years of age or older can volunteer to help us with daily chores. There is no long-term commitment or time requirement. We are looking for volunteers who are dedicated and reliable.
- Clean cages, floors, walls, ceilings and kennels
- Do laundry and dishes
- Organize and store donations
- Feed and water animals
- Perform handy-man tasks on equipment and facilities
- Do grounds maintenance – Lawn, shrub and flower care
Volunteers older than 18 can be trained for:
- Dog handling and training
- Public relations events
- Office management
Rules For Our Volunteers
Town and Country Humane Society is a private, non-profit, all-volunteer organization. We accept a limited number of new volunteers when we are open due to a limitation of our training staff. Unless an organization has sent you to us and you will be getting credit for your hours,
- volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parental waiver signed
- volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- volunteers under the age of 14 are requested to limit themselves to two-hour shifts.
We cannot accept volunteers under the age of 12.
Are you interested in fostering?
Fostering is a very rewarding experience for both the animal and foster family. We are always looking for foster homes for our critters, dogs, and cats who have medical needs or may do better in a non-shelter environment before being adopted. Before applying to be a foster, please read the following requirements:
- provide proper food, housing and daily care for the animal(s) until such time as they are able to return to TCHS for adoption, and to return said animal(s) promptly when requested to do so, for any reason.
- obtain approval prior to any treatment for fees that will be billed to TCHS. In the case of an emergency, you will attempt to contact TCHS as soon as possible.
- won’t allow any foster animal to leave your premises without the express permission from TCHS.
- will not hold TCHS responsible for any damages the foster animal may cause to people or property including any and all liability claims arising out of or connected in any way to your participation in the Foster Care Program.
- will support and abide by TCHS’s adoption procedures, and refers interested adopters to TCHS to fulfill adoption requirements.
The foster applications for our critters, dogs, and cats can be found below: