Volunteer: Interested in becoming a Foster?
Volunteers and Fosters save lives! Thank you for your interest!
- provide proper food, housing and daily care for the animal(s) until such time as they are able to return to TCHS for adoption, and to return said animal(s) promptly when requested to do so, for any reason.
- obtain approval prior to any treatment for fees that will be billed to TCHS. In the case of an emergency, you will attempt to contact TCHS as soon as possible.
- won’t allow any foster animal to leave your premises without the express permission from TCHS.
- will not hold TCHS responsible for any damages the foster animal may cause to people or property including any and all liability claims arising out of or connected in any way to your participation in the Foster Care Program.
- will support and abide by TCHS’s adoption procedures, and refers interested adopters to TCHS to fulfill adoption requirements.
Volunteer: Shelter Staff
If you are volunteering to fulfil court ordered community service requirements, please DO NOT fill out an application. Please call the office directly to get scheduled – 402-339-5355
Who can volunteer at the shelter?
There is always work to be done at the shelter and we rely solely on volunteers!
Restrictions for our Volunteers
Town and Country Humane Society is a private, non-profit, all-volunteer organization. We accept a limited number of new volunteers when we are open due to our decrease in training staff during the pandemic. If an organization has sent you to earn volunteer or community service hours we can accommodate by offering credit for chore based tasks.