Interested in becoming a Volunteer?
See descriptions below:
Rules for our volunteers
Town and Country Humane Society is a private, non-profit, all-volunteer organization. We accept a limited number of new volunteers when we are open due to a limitation of our training staff. Unless an organization has sent you to us and you will be getting credit for your hours,
- volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parental waiver signed
- volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- volunteers under the age of 14 are requested to limit themselves to two-hour shifts.
We cannot accept volunteers under the age of 12.
Are you interested in fostering?
- provide proper food, housing and daily care for the animal(s) until such time as they are able to return to TCHS for adoption, and to return said animal(s) promptly when requested to do so, for any reason.
- obtain approval prior to any treatment for fees that will be billed to TCHS. In the case of an emergency, you will attempt to contact TCHS as soon as possible.
- won’t allow any foster animal to leave your premises without the express permission from TCHS.
- will not hold TCHS responsible for any damages the foster animal may cause to people or property including any and all liability claims arising out of or connected in any way to your participation in the Foster Care Program.
- will support and abide by TCHS’s adoption procedures, and refers interested adopters to TCHS to fulfill adoption requirements.