Volunteer: Interested in becoming a Foster?
Volunteers and Fosters save lives! Thank you for your interest!
Fostering is a very rewarding experience for both the animal and foster family. We are always looking for foster homes for our critters, dogs, and cats who have medical needs or may do better in a non-shelter environment before being adopted. Before applying to be a foster, please read the following requirements:
- provide proper food, housing and daily care for the animal(s) until such time as they are able to return to TCHS for adoption, and to return said animal(s) promptly when requested to do so, for any reason.
- obtain approval prior to any treatment for fees that will be billed to TCHS. In the case of an emergency, you will attempt to contact TCHS as soon as possible.
- won’t allow any foster animal to leave your premises without the express permission from TCHS.
- will not hold TCHS responsible for any damages the foster animal may cause to people or property including any and all liability claims arising out of or connected in any way to your participation in the Foster Care Program.
- will support and abide by TCHS’s adoption procedures, and refers interested adopters to TCHS to fulfill adoption requirements.